What is it?
An Australia-wide research and data collection project that surveys basic anonymous information on each weekly SMART Recovery meeting, in order to get a better understanding of SMART Recovery and the addiction landscape in Australia, and to give facilitators easy access to support and information about their meetings.
A message to SMART Recovery Australia Facilitators
To our 300-plus facilitators in Australia, we can’t thank you enough for your wonderful and tireless work, time and expertise facilitating healthy changes in people’s lives. Our unique national network of almost 200 SMART Recovery meetings, which allow thousands of Australians access to free and ongoing addiction support, would not be possible without you. You are also an invaluable part of the global SMART Recovery community, which sees almost 2000 meetings take place every week across 15 different countries.
How the National Data Collection Project works
- 30 minutes after each SMART Recovery Australia meeting finishes, the facilitator/s that run that particular meeting will receive an automated text message and email (they can choose to respond to either).
- This will contain a link to a very short mobile-friendly survey asking four quick one-answer questions.
- It should only take two minutes to complete and facilitators can do so straight from the convenience of their mobile phone.
- After completion, the facilitator can view private data on their own meeting or public aggregated data on all SMART Recovery Australia meetings at a state and national level.
3 simple steps (approx. 2 minutes)
Step 1. Click on the link in the message.
Step 2. Answer four quick questions about the meeting:
- Did the meeting run?
- How many people attended?
- What sex were they?
- What addictions were discussed?
Step 3. Click ‘SUBMIT’ button.
Why it’s beneficial
The information will allow all SMART Recovery collaborators to more effectively deliver, understand and evaluate mutual aid and SMART Recovery in relation to the addiction landscape in Australia.
Facilitators will be able to access and view their own private meeting statistics. As well as gaining insights into attendance trends and progress, facilitators can also potentially utilise their data to apply for grants and funding.
Data on each individual meeting will be completely private and viewable only to facilitators of that meeting. Wider broad statistics at a state and national level will be accessible to all, providing great information on the how the SMART Recovery program operates in Australia and what addictions are being addressed nationally.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact SMART Recovery Australia:
Ph: 02 9373 5100